Zesty Green Bean Dippers are oven roasted, spicy green beans roasted in the oven until crispy, served with fat-free dill dip! Only 38 calories a serving, including dip!
Crispy Green bean Dippers with Creamy Dill Dip is a great snack if you are watching your waistline or just want something different. I have tried the fried green beans and dips at restaurants and boy are they delicious, but fried = calories. Skinny Snacks is all about taking inspiration from calorie laden snacks, and transforming them into something healthier and friendlier to the waistline. And if you are looking for more low-calorie healthy snacks, you have to try a reader favorite… Spaghetti Squash Tots!
TIPS FOR THE BEST ZESTY GREEN BEAN DIPPERS
- Choose organic green beans if possible for the best flavor
- Use cooking spray liberally on the pan under the green beans to prevent sticking as the beans crisp
- It is natural for the beans to shrivel as they lose moisture during roasting.
- Some overlap of the beans on the pan is okay.
- Flip the beans over at the halfway point to keep one side from browning too much.
- NO time to make your own dip – use fat-free ranch or honey mustard instead!
For the amount of green beans for this recipe, I used two baking sheets. The green beans overlapped a little, but they shrink as they bake so by the time I turned them over, I could fit them in a single layer.
Zesty Green Bean Dippers
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray rimmed large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread green beans into single layer on baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle salt, pepper, onion powder and cayenne evenly over green beans,
- Place baking sheet in center rack of oven and roast for 20 minutes. Use spatula to turn green beans over and roast another 20 minutes until starting to dry and ends become browned and crisp.
- Remove pan from oven and serve warm with dipping sauce
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.