Make these irresistible Sweetheart Truffles with chocolate sandwich cookies, melted candies and festive sprinkles for your sweetheart right in your own kitchen!
This is a pretty little treat that is easy on the budget and great for gift-giving. Surprise the kids’ teachers, friends and co-workers! Falling somewhere between a recipe and a craft, kids love to help with this project. Plan to make a few extras because these scream to be sampled as they are made!
HOW TO MAKE OREO SWEETHEART TRUFFLES
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THE TRUFFLES
- Oreo MEGA STUF cookies
- Wilton Candy Melts in white and pink
- Wilton Sprinkles
- Melt the candy melts and stir until smooth.
- Dip the Oreos into the candy and turn until totally covered. Let the excess drip off.
- Quickly set the coated Oreo onto wax paper and pour on the sprinkles. Gently push the sprinkles into the candy to set.
- The candy will set up fast at room temperature so you will not need to chill these to firm the coating.
I was never a huge fan of Oreo cookies, until I tried these. Now I have to eat at least a few of these beauties while I am dipping them!
Oreo Sweetheart Truffles is one package that your honey will love to open on Valentine’s Day!
Oreo Sweetheart Truffles
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- 13 ounce chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 12 ounce white candy melts, one each of white and pink
- 12 ounce pink candy melts
- Assorted Valentine theme sprinkles
- Place the pink candy melts into a small bowl. Using a microwave or double boiler, melt the pink candy melts until smooth when stirred.
- Working quickly, dip 1/2 of the cookie into the candy, turning over until completely coated, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Set the coated cookie onto wax paper and dust with the sprinkles. Gently push the sprinkles into the candy to set. Repeat the same steps for the remaining cookies, replacing the pink candy with the white candy melts.
- The candy will set up in a few minutes at room temperature.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.