A perfect way to add fresh smoked flavor to your beef, chicken or pork! Made with fresh parsley, olive oil and zesty seasonings.
There is something so decadent about taking a bite of perfectly grilled steak… and even more so when it is slathered with rich Smoky Chimichurri Sauce. It is earthy and spicy and makes grilled meat taste extra rich and juicy. This chimichurri sauce takes the regular sauce up a notch by adding an unexpected hit of smoky flavor by spiking it with smoked paprika!
You guys…I finally did it! I have been struggling to create a really good smoky sauce for meat and for a while had just gone back to bottled barbecue sauce. But no more folks! Today I present a different take on the classic chimichurri sauce… a savory smoky sauce that takes all of our grilled meat up a notch!
Reasons to love this Smoky Chimichurri Sauce recipe:
- Full of herb flavor and packed with Vitamin C
- Easy to make and ready in 10 minutes
- Healthy alternative to Steak and Barbecue Sauce
- Great for using up leftover fresh herbs
HOW TO MAKE CHIMICHURRI FROM FRESH PARSLEY
When using an herb like parsley, it is important to remove the tough stems before chopping it up or putting in the food processor. The stems do not have the same delicate flavor as the leaves and are hard to chew. Just take each stem of parsley and using a sharp knife, cut the long stem away. For the softest Chimichurri, I also pick off the parsley leaves from each of the smaller stems and discard them. Then….use your knife to mince up the parsley leaves as small as you can without mashing them. Done, now wasn’t that easy?
Helpful Tools and Ingredients:
- Large Eversharp Kitchen Knife – this is my favorite knife ever! It feels like an expensive knife in your hands. I have used mine everyday for years and it is still as sharp as brand new.
- Long Handled Measuring Spoons – similar to what I use, these long handled spoons are great for reaching into slim spice jars when measuring. Accurate and high quality too!
Smoky Chimichurri Sauce
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, firmly packed, trimmed and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, fresh minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chop parsley up fine with a sharp knife and place in a small bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix to combine.
- Cover and serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.