Smoked sausage, beans, tomatoes with green chilies and green bell pepper make an easy weeknight dinner with a sweet and smoky sauce. It’s super simple to make with only 5 ingredients!
This Smoked Sausage Beans and Chilies Bake is my new favorite baked beans recipe. It combines slices of smoked sausage, the sweet flavor of pork and beans with the mild heat of green chilies. If you’re a fan of meaty pork and beans, you will love this recipe!
I use canned pork and beans to make this, but you could make your own, like my From Scratch Cola Baked Beans. This is a quick and easy recipe where you open some cans, throw in sliced smoked sausage and diced pepper and you’re done. Ready for the oven. You can even use frozen diced green bell pepper to save time. Serve it with our family favorite Cream Cheese Jiffy Cornbread and you’re set!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE SMOKED SAUSAGE BEANS AND CHILIES BAKE
- Canned Baked Beans
- Canned Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- Smoked Sausage
- Green Bell Pepper
IS SMOKED SAUSAGE PRE-COOKED?
Smoked sausage is already cooked sausage. It is generally cooked then smoked. You can eat it cold right out of the package unless the packaging states otherwise. Smoked sausage requires refrigeration or it will spoil.
MAKING AHEAD AND STORING SMOKED SAUSAGE BEANS AND CHILIES
- This dish can be prepped and stored unbaked in the refrigerator up to 1 day in advance. Cover pan tightly in plastic wrap or foil before refrigeration. Bake according to recipe instructions right before serving.
- Store leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. *Tip – place of piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of leftover beans to seal out air, then cover pan tightly in another layer of plastic wrap.
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Click on the links below to see the items used to make this recipe. Visit my Kitchen Essentials Shop to see all our favorites.
- Rectangular Baking Dish – for cooking the sausage and beans. The scalloped edges make this pretty to serve in too.
- Extra-Large Glass Mixing Bowl – lots of room to mix all the ingredients!
Smoked Sausage Beans and Chilies Bake
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- 44 ounces pork and beans, 2 (22-ounce) cans
- 2 cups black beans (canned), rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies(canned), 1 10-ounce)can
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced. (I used Polish Sausage)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Into a large bowl, add all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the bean mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish, and use a spoon to evenly distribute the sausage slices.
- Place on center rack of oven and bake uncovered for 45 – 50 minutes until bubbly around the edges.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!