Super easy Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken with chickpeas are tasty spiced chicken legs perfectly crispy on the outside and deliciously succulent on the inside. No marinating needed – just dust with spices, bake and enjoy!
After discovering sheet pan dinners, like this easy Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken with Chickpeas, I’ve been hooked on them – I mean for life. If you love crispy roasted meat, tender seasoned veggies and even beans, you’ll be a fan too! You just can’t beat it for a quick weeknight dinner!
How to make Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken
This easy recipe has only a few easy steps for amazing flavor. Make the bold spice rub and completely coat the chicken legs with half the rub. Sprinkle the remaining rub on the veggies and beans for flavor! Roast the chicken, veggies and beans until the chicken is done (165 F at thickest part of the leg).
TIP💡 -Spices stick better to the chicken during baking if they’re made into a paste. So I added olive oil to the rub and viola’ …the spices stayed on the chicken instead of dripping off with the meat juices.
Ingredients to make Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken
- Chicken Legs – we love skin on chicken legs for this recipe. Thighs, wings and breasts are amazing too. Cooking times will vary depending on the cut of chicken.
- Asparagus – super healthy and colorful with an earthy taste resembling broccoli or mushrooms.
- Red Bell Pepper – adds color, flavor and sweetness to the plate.
- Chickpeas – adds nutty flavor and creamy texture.
- Olive Oil – we love olive oil for sheet pan cooking for it’s high smoke point. Vegetable oil is perfect too!
- Cumin – flavor of earth and warmth with a pungent aroma. Popular in cuisines around the world.
- Paprika – adds sweet pepper flavor.
- Ginger – adds sweet spicy flavor.
- Cinnamon – sweet, warm flavor that adds surprising flavor to savory dishes.
- Cayenne – for adding a little heat…it’s totally optional.
MORE SHEET PAN DINNERS TO LOVE
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas and Rice
- One Pan Smoky Chicken with Balsamic Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken with Vegetables
Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken with Chickpeas
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 2.5 pounds chicken legs, skin on, bone in (about 12 legs)
- 1 pound asparagus spears, tough ends removed (18 – 20 spears)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded, cut into large strips
- 15 ounce canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease sheet pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix dry spice rub ingredients until well combined. Divide in half. Mix olive oil with one spice rub half and rub all over chicken, coating all sides. Place chicken on baking sheet in single layer.
- Add beans and vegetables to sheet pan around chicken legs. Drizzle remaining tablespoon olive oil evenly over beans and vegetables, then sprinkle with remaining dry spice mix.
- Place sheet pan on middle oven rack. Bake 20 – 25 minutes, flipping chicken halfway thru, until internal temperature reaches 165° at thickest part of leg.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.