Pull apart three cheese garlic bread is a round sourdough loaf drizzled with garlic butter and stuffed with melting cheese. Crusty, and gooey hot bread made easy in under 30 minutes.
If you love hot, delicious cheesy bread, especially the kind you didn’t actually bake from scratch yourself, you’re going to love this recipe. In keeping with Must Love Home’s rule of creating EASY recipes, this my friends (full disclosure always) is scrumptious, doctored up bread from the bakery. It only takes about 30 minutes to make and is totally addictive.
If you want to go the home baked bread route, try our Rustic No Knead Bread which is amazing and the perfect bread for this recipe. I bake bread every week in the fall and winter…but when summer comes, honestly, I’m hitting up the bakery.
👉TIP – Keep the oven turned off and heat up this awesome bread on the grill using the instructions in the recipe card.
HOW TO MAKE PULL APART THREE CHEESE GARLIC BREAD
Start by cutting your loaf. Use a bread knife to make cuts every 2 inches across the bread, then turn bread 90 degrees and make similar cuts across the bread. Don’t cut all the way thru to the bottom, you want the bread loaf to hold together.
💡Great Idea – put two chopsticks or wooden spoon handles up against each side of the bread. They will act as a stop that won’t let your knife go all the way to the bottom.
Melt the butter with the garlic and chives. Spoon the melted butter into the cuts you made with your knife. Use your fingers to open up the cuts to the butter can seep down into the inside of the bread.
Brush any remaining butter mixture over the outside of the loaf.
Mix the cheese and use your fingers to stuff the shredded cheese into each cut and crevice in the loaf. Push the cheese into the bread.
Bake the loaf in the oven wrapped loosely in foil for 20 minutes. Open up the foil to expose the bread then stick under the broiler for a few minutes until the top of the bread is browned and the cheese is bubbly.
Serve hot with homemade marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
MORE PULL APART BREAD RECIPES TO LOVE
- Best Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Bread
- Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Pull Apart Bread
Pull Apart Three Cheese Garlic Bread
- Preheat the oven to 400°F . Line a baking sheet with foil, large enough that when you pull up the sides you can wrap the bread loaf in the foil.
- Using a sharp bread knife, make deep, long slices thru the bread about 1-1/2 inches apart all across the bread, taking care not to cut thru to the bottom. Then make the same cuts going in the opposite direction. The cuts will look like a grid.
- Place the butter, chives and garlic in a microwave safe dish. Microwave until the butter is just melted. Using a spoon, drizzle the butter mixture evenly over the bread and in between cuts.
- In a small bowl, mix the cheeses together. Stuff the mixture into all of the bread cuts, leaving some cheese to poke out on the top.
- Wrap the loaf in the foil on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven and open the foil packet to expose the bread. Turn the oven broiler on high and broil until the top of the bread is light brown and the cheese is bubbling. Serve hot.
- Prep the bread loaf according to the recipe instructions.
- Wrap the loaf in a double layer of foil. Cook over indirect heat (the side of the grill with no coals or gas burners turned off) for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Unwrap the top of the foil to expose the bread and continue to cook over indirect heat for about 5 minutes until the bread is crispy on top and the cheese is fully melted. Serve hot.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.