Easy grilled Pork Loin Potato Shish Kebabs, boldly seasoned in a flavor-packed marinade . Tender pork, creamy potatoes and crisp asparagus the whole family will love. Cooks in 15 minutes!
Looking for an easy dinner to make on the grill? How about shish kebab? They are not usually the first thing to come to mind, but with tender meat and veggies, they are a super alternative to steaks or chops.
The thing I love most about making shish kebab is how versatile they are. If I have no time, I use smoked sausage, peppers and pineapple chunks that only take minutes to throw together and grill. With time to marinade, these Pork Loin Potato Shish Kebabs are our favorite. The pork loin gets such amazing flavor from the marinade that there is no need to douse them with sauce while grilling. Don’t get me started on how delicious grilled asparagus is. Just too good!
Pro Tips for the best recipe results:
- I say this a lot, but a good meat centered meal starts with quality meat, so use organic pork loin if possible.
- For extra heat, add a pinch of Cayenne to the marinade.
- Cut the meat, potatoes and asparagus the same size to even the cooking time and make turning the skewers over easier.
- Use fresh, minced garlic if possible. Garlic is an integral component of the marinade, and using fresh will give the best result.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning on the grill.
I make this recipe all year round because it doesn’t require an outdoor grill. During cooler months, I use a cast iron grill pan right on the stove top.
Pork Loin Potato Shish Kebabs
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 1-1/2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound asparagus, stem trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 pound small potatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic, white wine, honey, seasoned salt, water and vegetable oil.
- Place pork loin into a plastic re-sealable bag. Pour marinade over pork, seal, and work pork around marinade to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Drain marinade and discard.
- At least an hour before grilling, put wooden skewers into water to soak. Drain right before starting to assemble the skewers.
- Preheat outdoor grill to 375 – 400° F.
- Assemble by alternating chunks of chicken, potato and asparagus on skewers.
- Place on preheated grill and cook for approximately 20 minutes, turning often for even browning. Shish Kebabs are done when potatoes are tender and pork chunks are cooked thru.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.