Easy grilled Pork Loin Potato Shish Kebabs, boldly seasoned in a flavor-packed marinade . Tender pork, creamy potatoes and crisp asparagus the whole family will love. Cooks in 15 minutes!
Looking for an easy dinner to make on the grill? How about shish kebab? They are not usually the first thing to come to mind, but with tender meat and veggies, they are a super alternative to steaks or chops.
The thing I love most about making shish kebab is how versatile they are. If I have no time, I use smoked sausage, peppers and pineapple chunks that only take minutes to throw together and grill. With time to marinade, these Pork Loin Potato Shish Kebabs are our favorite. The pork loin gets such amazing flavor from the marinade that there is no need to douse them with sauce while grilling. Don’t get me started on how delicious grilled asparagus is. Just too good!
Pro Tips for the best recipe results:
- I say this a lot, but a good meat centered meal starts with quality meat, so use organic pork loin if possible.
- For extra heat, add a pinch of Cayenne to the marinade.
- Cut the meat, potatoes and asparagus the same size to even the cooking time and make turning the skewers over easier.
- Use fresh, minced garlic if possible. Garlic is an integral component of the marinade, and using fresh will give the best result.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning on the grill.
I make this recipe all year round because it doesn’t require an outdoor grill. During cooler months, I use a cast iron grill pan right on the stove top.
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .Print
Easy pork and potato skewers that have been marinated for incredible flavor! A flavor-packed dinner your family will love!
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, stem trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 pound baby Yukon potatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic, white wine, honey, seasoned salt, water and vegetable oil.
- Place pork loin into a plastic re-sealable bag. Pour marinade over pork, seal, and work pork around marinade to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Drain marinade and discard.
- At least an hour before grilling, put wooden skewers into water to soak. Drain right before starting to assemble the skewers.
- Preheat outdoor grill to 375 – 400 degrees F.
- Assemble by alternating chunks of chicken, potato and asparagus on skewers.
- Place on preheated grill and cook for approximately 20 minutes, turning often for even browning. Shish Kebabs are done when potatoes are tender and pork chunks are cooked thru.
- Remove from grill, allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Soak wooden skewers in water while the pork is finishing marinating to keep skewers from burning while on the grill.
Keywords: pork,healthy,grill,shish kebab