This is the easiest way you can make Corn Red Pepper Salsa. The mild flavors get drizzled with honey, resulting in a sweet, crunchy salsa for chips or as a garnish for spicy dishes.
If you like Pico De Gallo, I think you will love this Corn Red Pepper Salsa. The sweetness of the corn and honey totally balances out the spiciness of the meat in tacos and burritos. As a salsa with chips, it is addictive! I had to make a second batch because I kept eating while taking pictures. Oops!
Reasons for you to enjoy Corn Red Pepper Salsa:
- Easy to make in under 5 minutes
- Super thrifty; costs only pennies to make
- Can be made a day ahead, the flavors just get better
- Kids love it- and they will be eating their veggies
- It is perfect for busy weeknights and also for entertaining guests
Looking for more fresh dip-style recipes? You may want to take a look at these:
This recipe is just too easy for the amount of flavor that results. For even faster results, buy pre-chopped peppers and onions!
Tips and Hints for making the best Easy Corn Red Pepper Salsa Recipe:
- For extra heat, increase the Jalapeno from 1 pepper to 1 1/2 peppers or to your taste.
- Lime juice is an essential ingredient of this recipe. Use fresh squeezed lime juice for the best flavor and results.
- You can also taste and adjust the honey in this recipe, I like my Corn Red Pepper Salsa on the sweeter side, but you can use less.
- For extra flavor, add a pinch of cumin!
- I always say this, but the best results start with quality ingredients, so use the best you can afford.
The honey-lime syrup is a game changer. Try it on other traditional vegetable combos like cucumber and onions. So yummy!Print
Easy Corn Red Pepper Salsa
The mild flavors get drizzled with honey, resulting in a sweet, crunchy salsa for chips or as a garnish for spicy dishes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed *
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey**
- In a small bowl, combine corn, jalapeno,red pepper,onion, and cilantro.
- In a second small bowl or cup, stir together the honey, lime juice and salt.
- Pour the honey mixture over the corn and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
*2 ears of fresh cut corn can be substituted for the frozen corn
** 1 1/2 teaspoons of granulated sugar may be substituted for the honey
Keywords: salsa,corn,peppers,jalapeno,onion,dressing,dip,condiment,tex mex