Marinated Beef Shish Kebab is an easy and delicious recipe with chick roast, peppers, onions and a mouthwatering marinade. These kebabs will make you look like a master chef!
For a long time, I was afraid of the grill. Visions of the gas tank blowing up and being engulfed by flames pretty much kept me away when the grill was on. I just got to sit back and enjoy the fruits (or meats) of my husband labor! Not a bad gig! My hubby started having to work out of town during the summer months so unfortunately, there was no more “man vs grill” at my house.
My kids were crying for tasty grilled meat. And there I was trying to convince these growing meat lovers that it tasted just the same from a skillet on the stove. No one was buying what I was selling, so I had to “man up” and at least try to conquer the grill. I mean… what example was I showing my boys?
So I took the chuck roast I was going to slow cook, cut it into chunks and whipped together a super easy marinade. I actually remembered to soak the wooden skewers ( these include disposable gloves) while the meat was absorbing great flavor!
Ingredients To Make Marinated Beef Shish Kebab
- Chuck Roast – we love to use inexpensive chuck roast, cut into chunks and deliciously marinated to make shish kebab.
- Red and Yellow Bell Pepper – sweet and mild peppers compliment the marinated meat. Add green bell pepper for earthy flavor.
- Red Onion – the sweetest of the onions. Yellow or white will work too.
- Soy Sauce – the base of the meat marinade.
- Vinegar – adds tangy flavor and helps tenderize the meat.
- Brown Sugar – for sweetness and maple flavor.
- Garlic – a must for the best meat marinades!
- Ginger – more flavor to compliment the soy sauce.
- Lime – for fresh and zippy citrus taste.
More Grilled Beef Recipes
Marinated Beef Shish Kebab Recipe
- 2 pound chuck roast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium yellow pepper cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium red pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium red onion cut into bit sized pieces
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Place the meat in a plastic zip lock bag or an airtight container with a lid. Pour the marinade over the meat and seal the container. Shake the bag or container to evenly distibute the marinade over the meat evenly. let the meat soak in the marinade for at least 3 hours or longer.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from burning. After the meat has marinated, take 2 skewers in your hand, place side by side about an inch apart and slice alternating meat and vegetables onto the skewers, making sure that both skewers are going thru each piece.
- Heat the grill to medium-high or about 400 Degrees and grill for about 7 minutes on each side. Serve hot with your favorite sides.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.