Maple Bacon Butter is a sweet and savory combination made with maple syrup, crispy bacon and unsalted butter. It’s amazing spread on savory breads or hot cakes and is melt in your mouth delicious.
If you’re like me, you get inspired to make new dishes you see on cooking shows. My idea for making this awesome Maple Bacon Butter came from a recent episode of Burgers, Brew and ‘Que on the Food Network.
The host, Michael Symon visited the Incline Public House in Cincinnati, Ohio to see what was cooking. One of their famous dishes is a Serrano Chili Waffle with Cajun Fried Chicken served with this AMAZING butter.
The next time I’m in Cincinnati, I’m going to that restaurant and tasting the real thing. I mean…how else and see how close I came with my version of pure butter heaven.
MAKING MAPLE BACON BUTTER
Making this outrageously delicious butter was pretty simple, just getting the right amount of maple syrup was the challenge. Even though the bacon pieces add a smoky flavor and crunch, the butter needed more bacon flavor. Just 1 tablespoon of bacon grease added the right amount of smoke to the butter.
Try this butter on Basil Corn Cakes for an amazing flavor combination!
Only 3 INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- Butter – unsalted butter is the way to go here. Most bacon has so much sodium that using salted butter might make this amazing flavored butter…wait for it…way too salty!
- Bacon – thick-cut bacon is my bacon of choice. Really…who wants thin bacon when you can have thick, meaty slices. Enough said!
- Maple Syrup – the best choice is pure maple syrup. It’s pricey, but so worth it. Pancake syrup is okay if that’s what you have.
FREEZING MAPLE BACON BUTTER
This butter can easily be stored in the freezer for up to three months…in a covered tub. Pure maple syrup doesn’t freeze solid, so while it’s doable, making a frozen butter roll to slice later isn’t recommended.
Maple Bacon Butter
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 2 slices bacon, crisp, chopped small
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp bacon grease
- Cook bacon until crisp. Crumble into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, bacon, bacon grease and syrup with a spoon. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Transfer to small container, cover and refrigerate up to one week.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.