A sweet Holiday Cake Mix Fudge made with white cake mix and marbled with chocolate candies! A great cookie alternative that is perfect for gift-giving!
This Holiday Cake Mix Fudge is an incredibly easy and delicious treat certain to add lots of color to your cookie tray. Loaded with chocolate candies and fun sprinkles, this is sure to be a holiday treat the family will love! In keeping with our motto of offering simple recipes, this one literally takes the cake!
HOW TO MAKE CAKE MIX FUDGE
With only a few ingredients to stir, this no-bake recipe takes only minutes to make. You will only need a box of cake mix, powdered sugar, butter, milk, candies and sprinkles to pull off these festive treats.
MAKING THE FUDGE:
To start, prep your 8 x 8 baking pan. Take it from me, you will want to line it with parchment to make this fudge easy to get out of the pan. Leave a few inches of parchment hanging over the side to act as handles to remove the fudge later.
Into a microwave safe bowl, add the cake mix and powdered sugar. Stir just enough to blend. Then add the butter and milk. There is no need to stir these in.
Pop the bowl into the microwave on High for 2 minutes. If the butter is not completely softened, put the bowl back in for another 15 seconds. Add the white chocolate chips and immediately stir to combine the ingredients.
Once blended and cooled for a few minutes, add in the red and green chocolate candies. If you add them in right away, they will completely melt into the mix. With the mix cooled slightly, the candies will only partially melt, making the fudge look marbled.
Scrape into your pan, and spread out into an even layer. Pop in the refrigerator for about an hour to firm.
Lift the chilled fudge out of the pan using the parchment handles and cut into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife.
HOW TO STORE CAKE MIX FUDGE
This is good stuff, my friends. The entire pan lasted less than 24 hours at my house. If you need to store it, the fudge will keep for a few days, tightly covered on the counter or up to a week in the refrigerator. This recipe can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months, too! Thaw in the refrigerator and cut into squares before serving.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE, YOU’LL LOVE THESE TOO!
HOLIDAY CAKE MIX FUDGE
- 15.25 ounce white cake mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate holiday candies
- 1/4 cup holiday sprinkles
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Leave a few inches of paper hanging over the sides to act as handles to remove the fudge later.
- Add the cake mix and powdered sugar to a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir just enough to blend. Add the butter and milk. Do not stir. Microwave on High for 2 minutes. If the butter is not completely softened, microwave on High for another 15 seconds. Add the white chocolate chips to the mix and immediately stir to combine.
- Allow the mix to cool for 3 minutes. Stir in the red and green chocolate candies, until the candies start to melt and the mix looks marbled. Scrape into prepared pan. Use a spoon to spread into an even layer.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Lift the chilled fudge out of the pan using the parchment handles. Cut into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.