Thick and chunky Fresh Homemade Pineapple Sauce is a tasty tropical topper for your next ice cream sundae or pound cake. Great on waffles, too!
At our house, ice cream is a year round dessert staple. And it just would not be dessert without a delicious topping, like this Fresh Homemade Pineapple Sauce. I made it with leftover fresh pineapple, but I bet it would be awesome with canned pineapple chunks too!
Reasons to love this Fresh Homemade Pineapple Sauce recipe:
- This sauce is packed with delicious flavors and essential Vitamin C and Manganese.
- Budget -friendly and leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 7 days.
- Versatile – Great for using up leftover fruit.
- It is easy to make and ready to eat in about 20 minutes!
This recipe is all about the fresh pineapple! Throw the pineapple in the food processor and give it a few pulses to puree. If you don’t have a food processor, use a sharp knife to mince the pineapple as finely as you can.
Leave some larger chinks of pineapple. They will give some body and texture to the sauce. Yum.
This sauce smells heavenly while it is cooking, just like pineapple up-side down cake!
I keep empty jars on hand to store sauces that I make from scratch. That way if the kids finish something off, they are not throwing out my mason jars by mistake.
Helpful Tools and Ingredients:
- Powerful Food Processor – this is the one I have used for years and it just keeps on going.
- Large Eversharp Kitchen Knife – this is my favorite knife ever! It feels like an expensive knife in your hands. I have used mine everyday for years and it is still as sharp as brand new.
Fresh Homemade Pineapple Sauce
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chopped
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the pineapple and pulse to lightly puree, still leaving some larger chunks. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in the corn syrup and the pineapple.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil while gently stirring constantly. Stir until mixture thickens, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve warm or store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for up to 7 days.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.