Breakfast is ready with Easy Slow Cooker Strawberry Honey Oatmeal. Steel cut oats, fresh strawberries and raw honey are slow cooked into a smooth and creamy bowlful of delicious. Make ahead for the entire week!
Do you crave a nutritious and hearty breakfast but don’t have time to think in the mornings let alone cook breakfast? Then this easy slow cooker strawberry honey oatmeal recipe is just for you. First, it’s made in the slow cooker and that is as easy as it gets. And second, this recipe makes enough to have a strawberry oatmeal breakfast for days. Now, that is my kind of easy!
We all know, or should know, that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But pouring a bowl of cold cereal was leaving me feeling hungry by 10 AM. Then the mid-morning snacking started and it was downhill from there. Sound familiar? Anyway, having a protein and fiber filled breakfast like this stopped the mid-morning hunger pangs. I like to make a batch of this on Sunday and divide it up into containers to have for breakfast for the week. No more fuss and digging thru the fridge at 6 in the morning, wondering what to have. I even add the fruit and nuts to each serving so it is ready to go. Just pop in the microwave to heat, or have it cold, and splash some milk on top. Don’t even get me started on how amazing this tastes!
Think oatmeal is bland….have you had steel cut oats? They are definitely worth giving oats another try! The strawberry flavor is not overpowering in this recipe, there is just a hint in the oatmeal itself. And it is sweetened with honey ( I use raw honey) which really compliments the nutty flavor of the oats and doesn’t overpower the subtle strawberry flavor.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING EASY SLOW COOKER STRAWBERRY HONEY OATMEAL
- Steel cut oats are a must for this recipe. Old fashioned rolled oats and quick cooking oats have different liquid to dry ratio for cooking.
- This recipe has a subtle strawberry flavor. For stronger strawberry taste, add another cup or two of strawberry puree.
- No need to pre-soak the oats for slow cooking.
- Regular milk and coconut milk are interchangeable with this recipe. It has not been tested with almond or soy milk, though manufacturer says they are fine.
- Slow cooking time will vary depending on slow cooker size and manufacturer. Start watching for done at 2 hours.
- Steel cut oats are done when they are how YOU like them For a chewy texture, check the oats at two hours and for creamier oats, let them cook for longer.
- For a cafe look and taste, garnish your oats with more strawberries, nuts and a splash of milk or cream. Make it look as good as it tastes.
Easy Slow Cooker Strawberry Honey Oatmeal
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Set to High and cook for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours. Check and stir starting at 2 hours for done. Turn slow cooker off and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
- Allow to cool completely. Store in tightly covered containers in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.