Full of malt and garlic flavor, these slow cooker beer brats are one of the easiest and tastiest crock pot recipes you’ll ever make.
Ditch the busy weekday hot dogs and make way for delicious and full of flavor slow cooker beer brats. They’re super easy to make and there’s no grease spatter! Just pile them into buns with your favorite fixin’s and dinner is ready when you are.
Cooking a winter dinner in the slow cooker, with the amazing smells coming from the kitchen all day, is a real treat, like these brats or our cheesy slow cooker smoked sausage potatoes. Your mouth will definitely start watering long before they’re done cooking…enjoy!
We love this budget friendly, manual 7-quart oval slow cooker. It even has a warm setting to keep the food hot until you’re ready to serve!
How to Make Slow Cooker Beer Brats
This is one easy recipe….just lay the onions in the bottom of the insert, pile the brats on top, pour over the beer, squirt on your favorite barbecue sauce, throw in a handful of garlic cloves and sprinkle on caraway seeds if you like them. Cover and set the timer – that’s it!
Ingredients Needs to make this recipe
Just 4 easy ingredients are all you need – plus buns and fixin’s – to make the most incredible brats you’ve ever tasted!
- Uncooked Brats – the brats are infused with beer and garlic flavor as they slowly cook in the crock pot!
- Beer – we love to use a Stout beer for this recipe because it has a deep rich flavor.
- Garlic – peeled whole cloves of garlic will permeate the beer with a nice garlic flavor without being overpowering.
- Onion – add flavor and are delicious served on top of the brats in the buns!
- Barbecue Sauce – it’s totally optional, but we love to add just a little on the brats for extra flavor!
Frequently Asked Questions about Slow Cooker Brats
Can I make these brats without beer?
Sure can! Just substitute chicken or vegetable brother, apple cider, apple juice or even root beer. Feeling adventurous? Ginger ale and white wine infuse lots of interesting flavor to slow cooker brats!
How can I make sure the brats are cooked without a meat thermometer?
The best way is to cut one of the brats thru to the middle to make sure there is NO pink remaining in the center. If you see any pink, keep cooking and checking every 5 – 10 minutes until no pink remains.
Slow Cooker Beer Brats
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 12 ounce bottle beer, I used a local Stout
- 19 ounces brats , 1 (19 ounce) package, I find these raw in the meat section
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce, optional
- 1 tsp caraway seeds, optional
- Add the onion in the slow cooker, arrange the brats on top. Add the garlic and caraway seeds.
- Pour the beer over ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 7 hours. Brats are done when they have reached 160-165°F on instant read thermometer inserted in center of brat.
- Serve the brats on buns with onions and desired toppings.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.