Oreo Sweetheart Truffles
Make these irresistible Sweetheart Truffles for your Valentine in just a few simple steps! Using cookies, melted candies and festive sprinkles, you can make these for your sweetheart right in your own kitchen!
This is a pretty little treat that is easy on the budget and great for gift-giving. Surprise the kids’ teachers, friends and co-workers! Falling somewhere between a recipe and a craft, kids love to help with this project. Plan to make a few extras because these scream to be sampled as they are made!
This is what you will need to make these irresistible treats.
Oreo MEGA STUF cookies
Wilton Candy Melts in white and pink
Just melt the candy melts and dip the Oreos into the candy until totally covered. Let the excess drip off. Quickly set the coated Oreo onto wax paper and pour on the sprinkles. Gently push the sprinkles into the candy to set. The candy will set up fast at room temperature so you will not need to chill these to harden up. How easy is that?
I was never a huge fan of Oreo cookies, until I tried these. Now I have to eat at least a few of these while I am dipping them! So GOOD!
Make these irresistible Oreo Sweetheart Truffles for your Valentine in just a two simple steps! Using cookies, melted candies and festive sprinkles, you can whip up a batch for your sweetheart in your own kitchen
- 1 13 ounce package MEGA STUF Oreo cookies, divided
- 2 12 ounce packages of Wilton Candy Melts, one each of white and pink
- Assorted Valentine theme Wilton Sprinkles
- Place the pink candy melts into a small bowl.
- Using a microwave or double boiler, melt the pink candy melts until smooth when stirred.
- Working quickly, dip 1/2 of the Oreos into the candy, turning over until completely coated.
- Allow the excess to drip off.
- Set the coated Oreo onto wax paper and dust with the sprinkles. Gently push the sprinkles into the candy to set.
- Repeat the same steps for the remaining Oreos, replacing the pink candy with the white candy melts.
- The candy will set up in a few minutes at room temperature.
Oreo Sweetheart Truffles is one package that I would love to open on Valentine’s Day!