Maple Glazed Banana Muffins are soft, moist walnut topped muffins with a creamy maple glaze. An easy to make chock full of flavor breakfast treat.
Maple Glazed Banana Muffins are totally simple to make, so no experience needed! And it let’s you use up those ripe bananas sitting on the counter. The extra mashed bananas in this recipe create little pockets of banana flavor inside the muffins that’s so delicious.
Best of all, the ingredients are probably already in your pantry! I’ve been making these banana muffins for years and can tell you form experience- the recipe’s foolproof!
Ingredients Needed For Maple Glazed Banana Muffins
- Bananas – these should be overripe, but not so far gone that they’re totally mushy.
- All Purpose Flour – nothing fancy here!
- Brown Sugar – we used light brown sugar, but the dark variety is fine.
- Eggs – for this recipe 2 whole large eggs were used.
- Butter – unsalted butter is amazing for baked goods because it let’s you control the total amount of salt in the recipe. If using salted butter (each stick of 8 tablespoons) contains about 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Reduce or omit the salt called for in the ingredient list.
- Baking Soda – helps the muffins rise during baking.
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar – the base for the maple glaze.
- Maple Syrup – we used our favorite amber pure maple syrup, but maple flavoring (a few drops) or even pancake syrup can be substituted in a pinch.
- Milk – to wet the dry ingredients. Buttermilk is a tasty alternative.
Flavor add-ins for even more flavor
The walnuts called for in this recipe are totally optional – or you can substitute your favorites like pecans or almonds.
- Chocolate or toffee chips
- Dried cranberries or other fruit
- Add sprinkles to the batter for banana confetti muffins
- Add maple or almond flavoring to the batter
Piping hot from the oven, these easy muffins are fantastic, but please – resist the temptation to dive right in. You’ll definitely want to wait until the creamy maple glaze is drizzled on….promise.
More Easy Banana Recipes to Love
Maple Glazed Banana Muffins
For the Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp milk more if needed
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash 2 of the bananas with a fork, set aside.
- With an electric mixer (use the wire whisk on a stand mixer), whip the remaining bananas and sugar together for 2 minutes. Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla and beat well. Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated, do not overmix. Fold the mashed bananas into the mixture. Using an ice cream scooper or spoon, fill the muffin cups halfway. Tap pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing to a cooling rack.
- While the muffins are cooling prepare the glaze.
- Combine confectioners sugar, milk and maple syrup in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk.
- Drizzle the glaze over cooled muffins, then sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Enjoy!
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.