A healthy and anti-inflammatory smoothie, this Pineapple Cinnamon Orange Smoothie is made with FRESH oranges, fresh pineapple chunks and ground Ceylon cinnamon. A vegan, non-dairy and no sugar added recipe.
Ahh…smoothies. Just when you thought they were played out, they’ve come roaring back to deliver a healthy boost we all need right now.
Take charge of breakfast or frankly anytime by blending up a super-charged smoothie with added cinnamon. This Pineapple Cinnamon Orange Smoothie is chock full of nutrition boosters and is so tasty even the kids will love it. The best thing about making smoothies? Just mix and match with whatever you like and what you have on hand.
This simple smoothie is made with only 5 easy ingredients. No dairy, gluten or sugar added makes it perfect for those on a restricted diet.
PINEAPPLE CINNAMON ORANGE SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
- Fresh Orange Juice – full of Vitamin C (about 130% of the Reference Daily Intake or RDI) which supports immune health.
- Pineapple – one cup has 130% RDI of Vitamin C for immune support and also contains bromelain which has anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce swelling, bruising and healing time. It’s also a good sorce of the daily fiber needed for digestion.
- Almond Milk – High in Vitamin E (110%) which is an excellent source of anti-oxidants.
- Banana – A great source of potassium and fiber and is an excellent natural sweetener.
- Ceylon Cinnamon – an ancient medicinal spice with potent anti-inflammatory properties.
HEALTHY SMOOTHIE ADD-INS
Spinach – go ahead…add a cup of this superfood green!
Protein Powder – add a tablespoon or two to bulk up with protein to make this smoothie a meal substitute.
Bee Pollen – a powerhouse of vitamins, amino acids and enzymes.
Nutritional Yeast – plant based protein with loads of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Cranberry Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Cinnamon Walnut Monkey Bread
- Baked Apples with Dates
Pineapple Cinnamon Orange Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple chunks frozen
- 1 medium banana sliced and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to blender. Pulse until smooth. Add more orange juice to thin smoothie if desired.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!