Oatmeal Pumpkin Homemade Dog Biscuits are easy to make crunchy treats that will have your best friend barking for more! Filled with wholesome ingredients like oat flour and pure pumpkin puree, you can feel good about giving these biscuits to your furry friends.
I know…I don’t post many dog recipes. But today I had extra pumpkin puree and I thought “why not?”
These are seriously the easiest things to bake. Just measure, stir, roll, cut and bake. Done. Boom! And your sweet friends will start chasing their tails with excitement! If you are like me, you want to know what your dog is eating…and these treats are sooo much better than the packaged biscuits at the store. You may also like my recipe for Homemade Apple Peanut Butter Dog Treats!
You can use oat flour purchased at the grocery, but I make my own. I buy rolled oats and put them thru the food processor to make the oat flour. You can see the flecks of the oats in the biscuits, and they have a lot of texture.
How could I resist this beautiful face? If you haven’t met her already, let me introduce Scarlet. We rescued her at 4 months old… and she turned 6 months old today!
I used a dog bone shaped cookie cutter to cut them out. The set has 4 different sizes, but I made them all medium, which is about 4 inches long.
I baked these for about 40 minutes. Oh, did they smell good…my son thought I was baking him cookies!! When they start turning crisp at the edges they are done and will be hard and crunchy. Take them out of the oven at about 30 minutes for chewy biscuits.
Store the biscuits in an airtight container. The biscuits are normally snapped up quickly, but I have stored them for up to 2 weeks on the counter.
Oatmeal Pumpkin Homemade Dog Biscuits
Oatmeal Pumpkin Homemade Dog Biscuits are easy to make crunchy treats that will have your best friend barking for more! Filled with wholesome ingredients like oat flour and pure pumpkin puree, you can feel good about giving them to your dog.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 20 medium dog biscuits
- 4-1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 14 ounce can pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups oat flour, pumpkin puree, egg and oil together until well blended. Dough should hold together in a ball. If the dough is too sticky to handle, sprinkle the dough with the extra flour, working in 1 TBSP at a time.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into desired shapes. Roll the scraps again and cut to make more biscuits.
- Transfer the cut shapes to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the biscuits are hard and crisping around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Note – for thicker biscuits, roll the dough to 1/2 inch thick and increase baking time to 55-60 minutes.
Let me know what you think of the Oatmeal Pumpkin Homemade Dog Biscuit recipe in the comments below, on Facebook and Google + or find me on Instagram . Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog today!