Loaded with Beef, Italian sausage and Bacon and dripping with tangy sauce, this Meat Lovers Skillet Baked Beans is both comfort food and a satisfying meaty meal.
Hey Friends! At our house, nothing beats the cold weather blues better than a steaming pan of meat lovers skillet baked beans. We do take plain ole’ baked beans to a whole new level by “doctoring” the heck out of them. Your family, neighbors, everyone you know will rave about these beans. They are seriously that good!
We call these Meat Lovers Baked Beans for a reason. There are three delicious meats in them thar beans! Ground beef, mild Italian sausage and thick cut bacon. If you wanted to substitute some ground chicken or pork, that would be great to. Use what you have on hand! To make this a one-pan meal, just brown the beef and sausage with the onions and garlic in an oven-proof skillet. I like to use cast iron but any skillet you can put in the oven will do. Then add in the pork and beans with all of the other ingredients, stir around and top everything with the half-cooked bacon slices. Bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees until the beans are bubbly and the bacon is crisp. This recipe makes 8 generous servings. Serve with chunks of cornbread and make it a feast!Print
Dripping with tangy sauce and loaded with Beef, Italian sausage and Bacon, this Meat Lovers Skillet Baked Beans is both comfort food and a satisfying meaty meal.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound mild Italian Sausage
- 7 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans in sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, small diced
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil or bacon drippings
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 TBSP molasses
- 1/4 cup pickled banana pepper slices (from jar) and 2 TBSP of the brine
- 1 TBSP cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP ketchup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, cook the bacon halfway thru. It should be soft, but starting to crisp. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Pour the bacon grease off the skillet, leaving about 1 TBSP grease in the bottom of the skillet.
- Over medium high heat, cook the onions until soft, then add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and sausage to the pan with the onions and cook until browned thru. Drain off any grease as needed. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Add the beans, brown sugar, molasses, banana pepper, brine, vinegar. ketchup and BBQ sauce to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Place the bacon slices on top of the bean and meat mixture in an even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the beans are bubbly and the bacon is crisp.
Note: Distilled vinegar may be substituted for cider vinegar.
Note: Honey can be substituted for the molasses, light brown sugar can be used instead of dark brown, whatever you prefer or have on hand.
Keywords: dinner,baked beans,beans,bacon,beef,skillet
If you love baked beans, you may also enjoy this recipe for Grandma’s Real Southern Baked Beans.
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below, on Facebook and Google + or find me on Instagram . Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”17741″ img_size=”900×200″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator color=”turquoise”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”center” style=”outline” color=”white” add_button=”right” btn_title=”Subscribe” btn_color=”info” btn_size=”sm” btn_i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-check” add_icon=”left” btn_add_icon=”true” i_on_border=”true” btn_link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fmadmimi.com%2Fsignups%2F310168%2Fjoin||target:%20_blank|”]