Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Pasta! Super easy recipe with simple ingredients including hoisin sauce, sesame oil, garlic, mushrooms, red peppers and spaghetti noodles.
Sesame Garlic Pasta? I say Bring It ON…and more please! When you’ve had one of those crazy hectic days (and who hasn’t?) cooking is probably the LAST thing you want to do. That’s where this totally delicious Instant Pot recipe comes in. It’s veggies sauteed in sesame oil right in the Instant Pot, then loaded with pasta and a deeply intense spicy sesame garlic sauce.
Lately I’ve been loving my Instant Pot for easy dinner ideas. For the past few months we’ve been tackling home projects we’ve been putting off for years and I’m cranky and worn out at the end of the day. But you gotta eat right? That’s where a recipe like this comes in- it’s quick like a stir-fry with noodles but you don’t have to boil any water. In my opinion, that’s perfect.
This recipe is made with many simple pantry ingredients that you probably already have. The complex sauce includes hoisin, chili garlic sauce and fish sauce. They’re found in most grocery stores and are also available online. If you don’t want to buy the fish sauce or think you’ll never use it again, then you can omit it.
We sauteed mushrooms and red peppers to add lots of flavor and texture, but this recipe is VERSATILE folks, so use what you love. Green beans, water chestnuts, broccoli or baby corn are great choices.
TIP 💡 – if you’re using canned or jarred veggies, skip the first saute step and add the drained vegetables to the cooked pasta. Turn on the saute function for 1 – 2 minutes and toss the veggies with the pasta to heat thru. Turn off the saute function then pour over the sauce and toss again.
How To Make Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Pasta
This amazing pasta meal is made in just a few steps right in your pressure cooker. You’ll use both the saute and the pressure cook functions of the Instant Pot.
- Spaghetti Pasta – easy and budget friendly.
- Sesame Oil – thick and intensely flavored oil with the rich taste of sesame. Essential for this recipe!
- Red Bell Pepper – orange or yellow work too.
- Mushrooms – shitake or baby bella add great flavor.
- Chicken Broth – or vegetable broth if you prefer it.
- Butter – either salted or unsalted are okay.
- Sauces – add intense flavor with Hoisin, Chili Garlic and Fish Sauce.
- Garlic – we love the convenience of pre-minced garlic.
- Ginger – about a 1-inch stub.
- Toasted Sesame Seeds – adds texture and flavor to the finished pasta dish.
- Green Onions – mild fresh flavor to top just about any Asian dish.
You start by sauteing the peppers, garlic and onions in the Instant Pot, then pouring in the broth.
Break your spaghetti noodles in half and submerge in the broth. Top with butter. Set the Instant Pot to cook. When done, whisk up the sauce and pour over the noodles. Toss those noodles well to coat. And you’re ready for dinner!
Load up the flavors by sprinkling sesame seeds and sliced green onions over the top before serving.
More Bold Instant Pot Recipe Ideas:
Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Pasta
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 2 – 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced thin
- 16 ounces shitake or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 16 ounces spaghetti pasta
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce, omit for vegan
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, or sriracha
- 4 stalks green onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Measure your sesame oil into the Instant Pot. Hit the Saute button, turning to the High setting. Once the opil is heated and the Instant Pot reads "Hot", add the mushrooms, peppers and garlic and saute for 2 -3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Pour over the broth and stir from the bottom to release any brown bits that might be sticking to the bottom.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and add to the pot. Press down on the noodles to submerge in the broth. Don't stir the noodles. Top the pasta with butter.
- Secure the lid and turn the valve to "sealing". Hit Pressure Cook and use the manual (+/-) buttons to set the cook time to 9 minutes. Do a Quick Release when the cook time is done by carefully using the handle of a wooden spoon to turn the valve to "venting" and vent until the pressure valve drops.
- While the pasta is cooking mix the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk the hoisin, fish sauce, ginger and chili garlic sauce until well combined. Set aside.
- Open the lid. If some of the pasta has stuck together, use tongs to toss the pasta to separate the noodles. Pour over the sauce and toss to coat. Let sit for about 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken. Sprinkle on green onion and sesame seeds and serve.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.