Halloween Spicy Sweet Snack Mix is an easy to make crunchy treat the entire family will love! Great for parties and bagged treats too!
Halloween is one of my favorite events of the year. My favorite part is seeing all the costume clad little ones saying “Trick or Treat”!! And I confess, I give them the best candy. Anyway, to balance out the sweets there is nothing better, or easier, than snack mix. Set out a tub full of Halloween Spicy Sweet Snack Mix and the party is on!
The snack ingredients I used are from personal preference…our family has a love affair with Bugles. This recipe is awesome because all of the dry snacks can be substituted for your favorites. Sometimes I use goldfish crackers in place of the white cheddar, and thin pretzel sticks instead of the twists. Or how about cashews instead of the almonds. The variations are endless and my family loves it all…as long as I always add in Bugles.
Tips For Making the Best Halloween Spicy Sweet Snack Mix:
- This recipe was tested using unsalted butter. It is recommended because most of the ingredients are already heavily salted.
- If you have it, use light brown sugar to keep the snack mix from becoming dark while baking.
- Cayenne is what makes this snack spicy, a good alternative if needed is adobe chili powder.
- When baking, the snacks will look slightly wet at the end of the baking time. That is okay, the snacks will dry and finish crisping as it cools.
- Be sure to spread the snack mix in a single layer on the baking sheet. Overlap will cause the pieces to stick together and not bake evenly.
A crunchy snack mix with a spicy and sweet buttery coating that the entire family will love!
- 2 cups corn snacks
- 2 cups rice cereal
- 2 cups bite size white cheddar crackers
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup chocolate candies
- 1 cup mini pumpkin candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together corn snacks, cereal, crackers, pretzels and almonds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, syrup, cinnamon and cayenne.
- Drizzle butter mixture over dry snack mixture and toss to coat.
- Turn out onto prepared baking sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Stir mixture at halfway point.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Mixture will fully dry and crisp up during cooling.
- Store in an airtight container. Will keep for up to 2 weeks.
When baking, the snacks will look slightly wet at the end of the baking time. That is okay, the snacks will dry and finish crisping as it cools.
Keywords: Halloween snack mix, spicy snack mix, easy snack mix, recipe