Easy Smoky Snack Mix – a buttery, crunchy treat singed with a spice mix that will be a family favorite. Make this addictive snack recipe in large batches as it will go fast!
I love anything with bold flavor, and Easy Smoky Snack Mix does not disappoint. Around our house, if the food is bland, the dish get a big thumbs down so I ramp up the flavor where ever I can! This recipe gets it’s name from the Smoked Paprika, with an assist by a big, bold flavor hit from Ancho Chili Powder. The combination is delicious!
If you like really bold flavor, but not the spice, give my Bold Snack Mix recipe a try. Just as delicious, just less heat! Either way, snack mix like this is my go-to recipe for parties, tailgating or potlucks. Everyone enjoys snack mix, even if they are the culprit who only likes to pick out the nuts!
5 TIPS FOR THE BEST SMOKY SNACK MIX
- Unsalted butter works best for this recipe. Adding salted butter may make the snack mix too salty.
- Use only dry spices with the butter. The oven time is not long enough to evaporate excess moisture and can leave the snack mix soggy.
- While almonds were tested with this recipe, your favorite hard nuts can be substituted.
- The snack mix may seem soft when first out of the oven, but will firm up as the mix cools.
- For easy clean-up, don’t skip lining the sheet pan with parchment. The butter and spices may be difficult to scrub of once heated.
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .
Smoky Snack Mix
Smoky Snack Mix – a buttery, crunchy treat singed with a spice mix that will soon be a family favorite. Make this addictive snack recipe in large batches because it will go fast!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 9 cups
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups rice cereal squares, like Rice Chex
- 2 cups corn snacks, like Bugles
- 2 cups bite-size white cheddar crackers – like Cheez-its
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together cereal, corn snacks, crackers, pretzels and almonds.
- To a small bowl, add melted butter. Whisk in spices to combine.
- Drizzle butter mixture over snack mix, folding mix over as you drizzle to coat. Keep gently folding, bringing up mix from the bottom.
- Transfer snack mix to baking pan, spreading out into a single layer.
- Bake on center tack of oven for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Substitute your favorite hard nuts for the almonds.
Keywords: snack mix, recipe, game day, tailgate, appetizer, snack