Easy Smoky Snack Mix – a buttery, crunchy treat flavored with a spice mix that will be a family favorite. Make this addictive snack recipe in large batches as it will go fast!
I love anything with bold flavor, and Easy Smoky Snack Mix does not disappoint. Around our house, if the food is bland, the dish get a big thumbs down so I ramp up the flavor where ever I can! This recipe gets it’s name from the Smoked Paprika, with an assist by a big, bold flavor hit from Ancho Chili Powder. The combination is delicious!
If you like really bold flavor, but not the spice, give my Bold Snack Mix recipe a try. Just as delicious, just less heat! Either way, snack mix like this is my go-to recipe for parties, tailgating or potlucks. Everyone enjoys snack mix, even if they are the culprit who only likes to pick out the nuts!
TIPS FOR THE BEST SMOKY SNACK MIX
- Unsalted butter works best for this recipe. Adding salted butter may make the snack mix too salty.
- Use only dry spices with the butter. The oven time is not long enough to evaporate excess moisture and can leave the snack mix soggy.
- While almonds were tested with this recipe, your favorite hard nuts can be substituted.
- The snack mix may seem soft when first out of the oven, but will firm up as the mix cools.
- For easy clean-up, don’t skip lining the sheet pan with parchment. The butter and spices may be difficult to scrub of once heated.
Smoky Snack Mix
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together cereal, corn snacks, crackers, pretzels and almonds.
- To a small bowl, add melted butter. Whisk in spices to combine.
- Drizzle butter mixture over snack mix, folding mix over as you drizzle to coat. Keep gently folding, bringing up mix from the bottom.
- Transfer snack mix to baking pan, spreading out into a single layer.
- Bake on center tack of oven for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.