Homemade Strawberry Sauce combines just 4 ingredients to make an incredible tasting sauce. This fast and easy recipe is also amazing on ice cream, pound cake or pancakes.
Guys, I am making ice cream toppings, again. I love ice cream. I will pretty much inhale any kind of ice cream put in front of me. Splash a tasty sauce on top and I’m totally hooked. Chocolate, caramel…I love it all. And I am really partial to this strawberry version. Totally simple, extremely basic…and that is truly what I love about it. This sauce is perfect over vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate ice cream…but it’s also positively delish over angel food cake, pancakes or just plain toast.
Reasons to love this Homemade Strawberry Sauce recipe:
- It is easy to make and ready to eat in about 10 minutes!
- The sauce is packed with tasty, fresh flavor and essential Vitamin C
- Budget -friendly, makes a crowd size batch for less than store bought
- Versatile – Great for using up leftover fruit
- You will have delicious leftovers that can be stored up to 7 days, tightly covered, in the fridge
One of the best things about this recipe is how simple it is. There are only 4 ingredients that are mixed and cooked in just one pot. Easy peazy!
One last thing, when the strawberries start to boil, the mixture will be frothy. Don’t be alarmed! Keep stirring and as it cooks, the froth will disappear. Promise!
Hungry for more sweet sauce? Try these from my collection:
- Homemade Chocolate Sauce – made with cocoa and butter!
- Homemade Fresh Pineapple Sauce – tasty tropical topper!
Helpful Tools and Ingredients:
- Long Handled Measuring Spoons – similar to what I use, these long handled spoons are great for reaching into slim spice jars when measuring. Accurate and high quality too!
- Small Mason Jar with BPA Free lined lid – the best for storing small batch sauces.
Homemade Strawberry Sauce
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 2 cups strawberries, about 1 pint, hulled and rough chopped
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Cook over medium-high heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce starts to thicken. Mash strawberries as you stir.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Allow to cool before serving. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.