Before jumping to the recipe, check out the HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS in the post. I hope you’ll find them useful and will love this recipe!
Easy make ahead freezer sandwiches are ready for breakfast on-the-go. Prep a huge batch with egg, ham and cheese in under 25 minutes!
If you’re into freezer meals like I am, you know what a time saver they are. Freezer meals usually bring to mind dinner, but they are amazing for breakfast too!
Imagine having a freezer full of Easy Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches to grab-and-go. They are perfect for heat and eat or for warming up once you get to the office. Either way, you are set for a protein packed breakfast.
HOW TO MAKE EASY FREEZER BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
Really folks, these English muffin breakfast sandwiches could not be easier to make. Just crack your eggs into a muffin tin or ramekins and slide in the oven. While the eggs are cooking, split the muffins and line them with ham and cheese. When cooked, scoop the eggs onto the muffins, replace the top and slide each one into a wax paper sandwich bag. Let the sandwiches cool before freezing.
Make as many at a time as you want – easy, peasy!
If you want to get fancy, you can toast the muffins in the oven too and spread each with butter. I like to leave them plain so whoever heats one up can doctor it up how they like it.
HOW TO FREEZE HOMEMADE BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
When prepping breakfast sandwiches for your freezer, it’s important to wrap each one up individually. Not only does that make it simple to grab one on the way out the door, but it also ensures that they don’t stick together while freezing and may help to prevent freezer burn.
Allow the cooked sandwiches to cool, then slip the individually wrapped sandwiches ( in wax paper bags) into a large plastic freezer bag. Get out as much of the air as you can, label and seal. Freeze for up to 3 months.
HOW TO RE-HEAT FROZEN BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
To re-heat frozen breakfast sandwiches: place sandwich on a microwave safe plate. Heat on full power for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes until cheese is melted and egg is warmed thru. OR Heat up the toaster oven to 350°F. Open the top of sandwich and place both sandwich pieces in the toaster oven. Heat for about 20 – 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the egg and ham are warmed thru and English muffin is lightly toasted. You may need to remove the top half of the sandwich early to prevent burning.
**At our house, we usually just open the end of the wax paper bag and set the sandwich right in the microwave for 1 minute on full power. The open end of the bag lets the steam escape so the bread doesn’t get wet.
BEST BREAKFAST SANDWICH FILLINGS
There are an unlimited amount of variations for these tasty breakfast sandwiches. You can use biscuits instead of English muffins, turkey slices or sausage instead of ham, and a virtually infinite variety of cheeses. Spread each with Dijon mayonnaise, ranch dressing or just butter to add even more flavor!
TOOLS TO MAKE FREEZER SANDWICHES
Click on the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Ramekins – use to bake individual eggs rounds for each sandwich.
- Wax Paper Sandwich Bags – makes individual sandwich wrapping a breeze and reduces plastic use.
- Two Gallon Freezer Storage Bags – great for freezing batches of your breakfast sandwiches.
EASY FREEZER BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
English muffin stuffed with ham, cheese and egg that are prefect for a breakfast on-the-go!
- 12 English muffins, split
- 12 large eggs
- 1 pound sliced Black Forest ham
- 12 slices American or cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Grease ramekin cups, silicone cups or muffin tin with butter or non-stick spray. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Crack eggs directly into ramekin cups. Use a small whisk or fork to break the yolk and lightly beat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer baking sheet with ramekins to the oven. Bake eggs on center rack for 15 – 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- While eggs are cooking, split English muffins and place sliced ham and cheese on one half of each.
- Allow eggs to cool slightly then place one cooked egg on each prepared muffin and replace top.
- Slide each sandwich into a labeled wax paper sandwich bag, Fold over bag opening to seal.
- Place wrapped sandwiches into a large plastic freezer bag or container. Freeze up to 3 months.
Large biscuits are a delicious substitute for the English muffins.
Keywords: Breakfast Freezer Sandwich
MORE FAMILY RECIPES TO LOVE
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.