Made with only three ingredients, these easy homemade Double Banana Dog Treats will have your furry canine friends begging for more!
Instead of the usual banana bread, I decided to use up my over-ripe bananas by making Double Banana Dog Treats. I hadn’t used bananas in my homemade dog treats before but Woody loves them, so I gave it a try. These treats were a total hit!!
The base of the treats is mostly oat flour and the treats I bake always come out looking the same. So to give these some interest, I added very thin slices of banana on top of each of the cutout treats. You could take the time to make dried banana chips for the treats, but the thin slices worked out just fine. Just make sure to bake the treats until the banana slice on top is dry to the touch.
This is how the treats looked with the raw banana. I am not sure if they really needed it, but I made a little thumbprint in each treat before putting the banana on it, to help the banana stay in place.Print
Made with only three ingredients, these easy homemade double Banana Dog Treats will have your furry canine friends begging for more!
- 4 Cups Oat Flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mash 2-1/2 bananas. Slice the other 1/2 banana into 24 very thin slices to decorate the top of the treats, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, mashed bananas and 2 eggs. Add more oat flour if the dough is too sticky to handle.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and roll to 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the treats and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using your thumb, make a slight indention into the top of each treat, and lay a banana slice into it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the edges start to brown and the banana slice feels just dry to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Note** I make my own oat flour from whole oats, ground in the food processor. About 7 cups of whole oats = 4 cups oat flour.
If you love to pamper your pet with homemade treats…you might also like these Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats!