Try quick and easy Creamy Edamame Bacon Bowtie Pasta that’s ready in under 30 minutes. Cream cheese makes this sauce extra thick and tasty!
Simple and comforting, sometimes you just gotta have a bowl of pasta. When that craving hits, what could be better than Creamy Edamame Bacon Bowtie pasta covered in a thick cream sauce flavored with bacon! This is a super easy pasta recipe, with a thick sauce made from cream cheese and pasta water. Add bacon for flavor and a veggie and you have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can substitute ingredients for your favorites. Use ham or sausage instead of bacon, and trade out peas for the edamame. Delish either way!
Pro Tips for making the best Creamy Edamame Bacon Bowtie Pasta
- Salt the pasta water…it is your only chance to get any flavor into the pasta while it is cooking!
- Don’t forget to save that cup of pasta water. It contains the starch from the pasta that will help thicken up the sauce. To help remind myself, I set the cup I will be collecting it in right near the boiling pot and get the water before taking it to the sink to drain.
- Steam the edamame until tender. Edamame tends to be tough and has A LOT of fiber, so make sure it is really soft when you steam it.
- The bacon should be just starting to crisp when you remove it from the pan. The hot fat in the bacon still continues to cook for a minute after removing from the heat.
- Saute the garlic just until golden and fragrant. Overcooked or worse..burnt garlic..tastes bitter. Watch it carefully.
Do I have to use Bowtie Pasta for this recipe?
Not necessarily, but the pasta should have lots of surface area and nooks and crannies to catch the sauce. This recipe works best with Bowtie or Farfalle pasta. Well cooked Rigatoni, Penne and spiral types of pasta are good too.
ARE YOU HUNGRY FOR MORE EASY SKILLET PASTA RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY:
If you love beef and pasta, you will want to try Easy Savory Beef Stroganoff, or how about something spicier like Chicken Pepperoni Pizza Pasta. Now that is a crowd favorite! Got ham? Make my One Pan Creamy Ham and Corn Risotto…it is family-friendly and can be spiced up as you like it!
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .
Make quick and easy Creamy Edamame Bacon Bowtie Pasta in under 30 minutes. Cream cheese makes this sauce extra thick and tasty!
- 12 ounces Bowtie pasta
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 10 ounce frozen edamame, steamed in microwave
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne, optional
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water then drain pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Drain all but 2 TBSP of fat from the skillet.
- To the fat in the skillet add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- De-glaze the skillet with wine, scraping up the brown bit. Reduce heat and simmer until the wine has almost evaporated, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese and reserved pasta water until cream cheese melts.
- Add pasta to cream cheese mixture. Stir to coat.
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and add to pasta, along with the steamed edamame. Stir to coat and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Use Vegetable broth for non-alcoholic version.
Add a pinch of cayenne with the cream cheese for spice.
Salt before serving as needed. Sodium in bacon may not require use of additional salt.
Keywords: creamy bowtie pasta, edamame, bacon, cream cheese, bowtie pasta