Festive bite size goat cheese balls take only minutes and are chock full of tangy goat cheese, cranberries and crunchy walnuts!
Give your appetizer tray a little kick this season by including these amazing cranberry walnut goat cheese balls. They’re totally delicious, pop-in-your- mouth versions of your classic cheese ball. We are loving that these little rounds will stay pretty on the tray throughout the festivities.
Each ball is essentially a single-serving, enough to spread on 2 crackers or two mouthfuls…your choice. The honey and cinnamon flavor compliment the tang and saltiness of the goat cheese. This makes every bite a creamy rush of flavor that your guests will surely love, just like our savory cheese ball bites.
What ingredients are in these cheese balls?
- Goat and cream cheese make up the bulk of these appetizers. Goat cheese can be costly, so cream cheese is used as filler to save money. No worries…there is plenty of goat cheese flavor in these cheese balls.
- Honey is a natural sweetener and offsets the tang of the goat cheese and earthy flavor of the walnuts.
- Cinnamon and cardamom add flavor and irresistible aroma to the cheese balls. These spices perfectly compliment the taste of the cheeses and walnuts.
- Walnuts, dried cranberries and fresh parsley add color, texture and crunch!
Mixing the cheese balls is simple with a mini food processor like this one. Small amounts of ingredients are hard to mix in a larger food processor because the blades just go on top of small amounts in the bottom of the food processor bowl. They are designed to process a large amount of ingredients. This mini processor has a small bowl and blades to allow even processing of smaller batch recipes.
Looking for an easy way to dress up your serving tray? Why not go with cute wooden food skewers like these mini bamboo forks. They’re pretty and practical!
Cranberry Walnut Goat Cheese Ball
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- Into the bowl of a food processor, add cream cheese, goat cheese, honey, cinnamon and cardamom. Pulse until combined.
- Form cheese mixture into 1-1/2 inch balls. Place onto parchment paper lined tray.
- In a shallow bowl combine walnuts, cranberries and parsley. Roll the formed cheese balls in the nut mixture, pressing down slightly so coating sticks. Place coated balls back onto the parchment paper.
- Place tray in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow cheese balls to firm up with coating.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.