A Cheddar Onion Straw Burger is a plump and juicy beef patty loaded with cheddar cheese and piled high with homemade onion straws and a dollop of Sweet Fire Sauce.
In my mind, it is always a good time to make a great burger! Whether you are firing up the grill on the patio or flippin burgers on the stove, this burger will get your mouth watering quick!
First, whip up a batch of homemade Spicy Onion Straws. You will pile these high on the burger, so make tons of them so you can serve them as a side too! You will not regret it…I promise. Then, mix up a big bowl of Sweet Fire Sauce, and set aside so the flavors blend.
Ingredients needed to make Cheddar Onion Straw Burgers
- Ground Beef
- Sandwich Buns
- Cheddar Cheese
- Recipe Spicy Onion Straws
Prepare Spicy Onion Straws, set aside or in oven on 200 degree setting to stay warm. Prepare Sweet Fire Sauce and set aside while cooking the burgers.Wash leaf lettuce and tear leaves into 8 pieces. In a large bowl, break up the ground chuck into small pieces. Season beef with salt and pepper to taste. Form beef into 8 patties, 1/4 pound each. Either on the grill or pan on the stove, cook each burger to desired temperature. Add a slice of white cheddar cheese on top of each burger and cook until the cheese is melted and dripping. Set aside.
Toast both the top and bottom of the buns, then start assembling the Cheddar Onion Straw Burger. Top each bun bottom with lettuce and a cheeseburger patty, then start piling on the Spicy Onion Straws. Drizzle Sweet Fire Sauce over the onion straws and for good measure, slather some on the top bun and crown that burger. You are now ready to bite into one of the most flavorful burgers you will ever taste.
Cheddar Onion Straw Burger
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 8 large sandwich buns
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 medium lettuce leaves
Sweet Fire Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
Spicy Onion Straws recipe
- Prepare Spicy Onion Straws, set aside or in oven on 200°F to stay warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chili sauce, honey and sriracha. Set aside.
- Wash lettuce and tear leaves to fit buns.
- In a large bowl, break up the ground chuck into small pieces. Season beef with salt and pepper to taste. Form beef into 8 patties, 1/4 pound each. On a pre-heated grill or grill pan on the stove, cook each burger to desired temperature. Add a slice of white cheddar cheese on top of each burger and cook until the cheese is melted and dripping. Set aside.
- Toast both the top and bottom of the buns. Top each bun bottom with lettuce and a cheeseburger patty, then pile on the Spicy Onion Straws.
- Drizzle sauce over the onion straws and on the top bun.
- Serve hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.