Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies are a tasty peanut butter and candy cookie treat! Cookies decorated for Beggars Night, with ghoulishly scary candy faces! Bake a batch to get the entire family in the spirit!
Preparing for Halloween is one activity that I really look forward to each year. It is so much fun to decide what snacks to serve before the kids go out Trick or Treating and choosing the candy that will be handed out when the doorbell rings!
Serving cookies made with a new recipe each year is one of our Halloween traditions. It is a fun activity for the whole family because the recipe is new, there’s always taste testing to look forward to. The only requirement is that the recipe must contain candy. It’s Halloween after all!
Ingredients To Make Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies
- Peanut Butter – creamy peanut butter works best for this recipe!
- Butter – unsalted butter to let the cookie baker adjust the salt.
- Brown Sugar – both light or dark brown sugar are fine.
- Milk – either whole or 2%
- Egg – large eggs were used to make the cookies.
- Vanilla Extract
- Flour – nothing fancy…just unbleached all-purpose flour.
- Baking Soda
- Butterfinger Mini Candy Bars – 36 count bag.
How To Make Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies
These treats are definitely cute, and completely easy to make. After baking and cooling, buy or use what you have on hand, like candy eyes, marshmallows and frosting to decorate the cookies in a Ghoulish way.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla using a stand or hand mixer.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until blended.
- In a large plastic bag, using a rolling pin or meat mallet, crush 10 of the mini Butterfinger candy bars. Gently stir the crushed candy into the cookie dough mixture.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough each into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until cookies begin to brown around the edges. Remove cookie sheet from oven and immediately place a mini Butterfinger candy bar in the center of each of the 24 cookies.
- Place pan on wire rack and allow cookies to cool to room temperature.
- Decorate with candy eyes, frosting and sprinkles to make ghoulishly fun faces on the candy bars.
Now that the preparations are complete, we can get ready for the doorbell to start ringing. Muahahahahah.
Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Crush 10 of the candy bars, leave 24 whole fun-size candy bars.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitting with a paddle, combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla on medium speed until just blended. Add the egg to the peanut butter mixture and continue to beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture. Blend until the flour mixture is incorporated. Fold in the crushed Butterfinger pieces until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Roll dough, about 2 tablespoons each, into balls and place on lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown around the edges.
- Immediately after removing the cookies from the oven, place a whole Butterfinger Fun-Size bar into the center of each cookie and press down gently. Allow to cool until the chocolate has set. Decorate as desired.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.