Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies are a tasty peanut butter and candy cookie treat! Cookies decorated for Beggars Night, with ghoulishly scary candy faces! Bake a batch to get the entire family in the spirit!
Preparing for Halloween is one activity that I really look forward to each year. It is so much fun to decide what snacks to serve before the kids go out Trick or Treating and choosing the candy that will be handed out when the doorbell rings!
These treats are so easy to make. Make a batch of peanut butter cookie dough, and add crushed buttermilk candy bars to the mix. Shape into balls and bake. And if that was not treat enough, push a candy bar into each cookie as it cools to use as a base for the ghoulish face decorations. After the cookies are completely cool, use what you have on hand, like candy eyes, marshmallows and frosting to decorate the cookies in a Ghoulish way.
Serving cookies made with a new recipe each year is one of our Halloween traditions. It is a fun activity for the whole family and because the recipe is new, there is always a taste testing to look forward to. One of the requirements is that the recipe must contain candy. It is Halloween after all!
Now that the preparations are complete, we can get ready for the doorbell to start ringing. Muahahahahah.
Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 19.8 ounce Butterfinger fun-size candy bars, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Crush 10 of the candy bars, leave 24 whole fun-size candy bars.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitting with a paddle, combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla on medium speed until just blended. Add the egg to the peanut butter mixture and continue to beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture. Blend until the flour mixture is incorporated. Fold in the crushed Butterfinger pieces until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Roll dough, about 2 tablespoons each, into balls and place on lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown around the edges.
- Immediately after removing the cookies from the oven, place a whole Butterfinger Fun-Size bar into the center of each cookie and press down gently. Allow to cool until the chocolate has set. Decorate as desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.