Easy Bacon Tomato Tart – Using shortcut ingredients like puff pastry and bacon crumbles makes this a quick and easy dinnertime favorite!
Yes Friends, I am using puff pastry again! This time I’m sharing how to make this easy bacon tomato tart. To me, puff pastry’s like a gift that keeps on giving. It’s so easy to work with and completely versatile, I’ve starting using it instead of traditional pie crust for every recipe where exchanging puff pastry for traditional pie crust makes sense.
No mixing, little or no rolling, minimal mess – just open the box and it’s ready to go every time.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE AN EASY BACON TOMATO TART
This recipe uses shortcut ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and if not, they’re readily available at the grocery. This totally EASY tart is super fast and easy to prep.
- Puff Pastry – super shortcut crust that bakes up crisp and flaky! No mixing or chilling needed😀!
- Cream Cheese – creamy base that holds the toppings onto the crust.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – add flavor to the cream cheese and brings out the flavor of the tomatoes.
- Bacon Crumbles – easy kitchen shortcut of real bacon that’s already cooked and crumbled for you.
Do You Serve a Puff Pastry Tart Hot or Cold?
It’s totally up to you, because this tart is delicious both hot and cold. My preference is to serve it hot, right out of the oven. This bacon tomato tart bakes up pretty thin, so it will cool down quickly.
Savory Puff Pastry Tarts are also fantastic served at room temperature, making them perfect for parties or a brunch buffet.
Bake them a day before your gathering for super easy entertaining. Just let the tart sit out on the counter for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
More Easy Savory Recipe Ideas
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Tart
- Cheddar Bacon Strada Bread Cake
- Cheesy Bacon Egg Crescent Ring
- Southwest Bacon Frittata
Easy Bacon Tomato Tart
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a sheet of lightly floured parchment paper, roll out puff pastry to 10 x 16 sheet. Transfer dough on the parchment paper to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Use the tip of a knife to mark a 1 inch border around all four sides of rolled pastry, being careful to not cut thru the pastry.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the cream cheese and ranch seasoning mix. Pulse a few times until blended and smooth. (or mix by hand with a fork). Use a knife to evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough to the marked border edges.
- Slice tomatoes into 4 slices each, discarding end pieces. Blot slices with a paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Lay slices in single layer on top of cream cheese mixture, spacing evening out to border edges. Fill in space between slices with bacon pieces. In a small bowl, whisk egg until yolk and whites are combined. Use a pastry brush to brush egg wash along marked border dough.
- Transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until pastry is browned and dough is cooked thru.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes on pan set on wire rack. Garnish with parsley, cut and serve warm.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.