From game day to anytime snacking, Zesty Fiesta Ranch Pretzels are crazy good and so simple to make. This recipe definitely kicks up the flavor and gives boring old pretzels a brand new twist!
Football season is approaching and my mind turns to…what else…food! When that mid-game anxiety hits (especially if your team isn’t doing that great), you need just the right snack to munch down on. Zesty Fiesta Ranch Pretzels, so salty, spicy and crunchy, are all you could ask for in a game day snack. This is definitely something your football watching besties will be drooling over. So whip up a batch, or two and settle in for the season!
Reasons to love this Ranch Pretzels recipe:
- It is easy to make and ready to eat in about 30 minutes!
- It’s great for busy weekends and also for entertaining guests
- Super budget -friendly and any leftovers can be stored on the shelf in an airtight container
- Great alternative to plain pretzels or chips
These little nuggets are zesty, but not the kind of hot where you need to take a drink after every bite. If you like the heat like we do, you can add a little more cayenne or even add a shake or two of hot sauce to the bowl before folding in the pretzels!
Tips for making the best Zesty Fiesta Ranch Pretzels:
- For extra heat, increase the Cayenne from 1 teaspoon to 1-1/4 teaspoons or to your taste.
- Use salt-free or low-sodium spices if possible to avoid the pretzels being too salty.
- Bake pretzels in a single layer for even cooking, avoid over-crowding by using 2 baking pans if needed.
- Line your pan with foil or parchment for easy clean up.
- Commercial Quality Half Sheet Pan– I have these and I love them!! Great price,too!
- Silicone Mixing Spoon – Super good quality…this is what I use in my kitchen.
Perfect for anytime snacking, Zesty Fiesta Ranch Pretzels are crazy good and so simple to make. This recipe will give boring old pretzels a brand new twist!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package pretzel nuggets (12 – 16 ounce)
- 4 Tablespoons Fiesta Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon chili power
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except pretzels.
- Fold pretzels into bowl until completely coated.
- Turn pretzels out onto foil lined pan and place in 300 degree oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring at 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes to continue crisping. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Cook time includes cooling time.
Keywords: pretzels, game day food, snacks, spicy, cayenne, chili powder