Crispy sugar cookies cut-outs decorated for your Valentine! Easy recipe for any occasion.
How do you say I love you….why with easy Valentine Crispy Sugar Cookies of course!
We are huge fans of crispy sugar cookies and used this old family recipe to make our favorite. Prefer softer cookies? Just roll them out a little thicker and bake them just until they start to look dry on top. They will harden as they cool, but stay soft inside. How’s that for a versatile recipe! Just decorate and enjoy!
How to make Valentine Crispy Sugar Cookies
These buttery cookies are super easy to make and taste AMAZING! Just mix, chill, roll, cut out and bake. Let the kids help with the decorating!
TIP 💡 – use fun colored candy melts to avoid any food coloring mess! Bright Pink (what we used) , pink, red and white are our Valentine favs.
Ingredients needed to make Valentine Crispy Sugar Cookies
- Butter – we always use unsalted butter for baking so WE control the salt. If you like salted butter, omit any added salt to the recipe.
- Sugar – plain white sugar…nothing fancy here!
- Egg – to bind and add flavor.
- Flour – all-purpose flour was used to make this recipe….we didn’t even sift the dry ingredients! Super easy.
- Baking Powder – leavening agent for rise during baking.
- Vanilla Extract – an essential for flavor!
- Orange Juice – adds flavor and moisture to the cookies.
- Bright Pink Candy Melts – easy to melt and already busting with holiday color!!
- Sprinkles and candies – make these Valentine treats your own!
CAUTION – Be sure to cool your cookies completely before decorating! They smell so heavenly it was hard to keep our hands off while they cooled!
We love this cute red heart cookie cutter. It’s less than $1 and coated for easy cleaning. The rolled edges make it so even little fingers can cut out cookies safely!
Be sure to check out all our Valentine Treats to make something amazing for your sweeties!
Crispy Valentine Sugar Cookies
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and egg until smooth and creamy. Add flour, vanilla, orange juice, baking power and salt and continue mixing at medium speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half, patting each into a disk. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface (or non-stick mat) to 1/8 inch thick. Keep remaining dough refrigerated until rolling. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutter and transfer to ungreased cookie sheet (or mat). Re-roll scraps to cut out more cookies. Bake 8 – 10 minutes until edges are just starting to brown. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- In a shallow bowl, melt wafers according to package directions. Dip edges or top of cookies into melted candy, allowing excess to drip off. Immediately dust with sprinkles, pressing down to stick. Transfer to wire rack or parchment lined baking sheet to cool and harden before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.