Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Chicken made with chicken breasts and honey laced barbecue sauce. Easy to make in the crockpot – throw everything in and wait for fall-apart deliciously seasoned chicken.
Whether you make a huge batch to freeze or just enough for one meal, the slow cooker is the easiest way to cook chicken that can be pulled and served in so many ways. With just a few simple ingredients, this tangy sauce and juicy chicken will have your family and friends coming back for a second helping!
To serve, just pile the Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken onto sandwich buns, top with a mound of coleslaw and pickles and enjoy!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Chicken
- Chicken Breasts – we used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but chicken thighs are amazing if you love the flavor of dark meat.
- Italian Dressing – bottled zesty Italian dressing is our first choice here.
- Brown Sugar – light or dark, both are fine.
- Barbecue Sauce – use a bottle of your favorite, or make our popular family recipe classic barbecue sauce.
- Worcestershire Sauce – adds savory flavor.
How to make this recipe
This is one of the easiest slow cooker recipes you can make. Just add the meat, pour over the sauce and walk away for hours.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of the Slow Cooker.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into a sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken, lifting the chicken to allow the sauce to reach the bottom layer.
- Set to Low and cook 6-8 hours, or until the chicken reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker onto a large plate, and shred thechicken with 2 forks or meat claws.
- Spoon meat onto buns for serving.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
- Liberally sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- On a small bowl, mix together all of the other ingredients. Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts, making sure that the breasts on the bottom are coated with the mixture.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW and cook for 6-8 hours, until the chicken reaches 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken to a large plate, and turn the slow cooker to HIGH.
- Using tongs and/or forks, shred the chicken into small pieces.Set aside.
- With the slow cooker set to high, stir the sauce mixture to release steam and allow the sauce to thicken, about 5 minutes. Turn the slow cooker off.
- Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker with the thickened sauce and stir until fully mixed and all of the chicken is coated with sauce.
- Pile the shredded chicken onto sandwich buns, then top with Ranch Coleslaw. Serve and enjoy!
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.