Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken sandwiches are one very popular way to use this incredibly easy to make chicken. Chicken, slow cooked with a tangy sauce, is one of the most versatile ingredients you can have in your kitchen.
Whether you make a huge batch to freeze or just enough for one meal, the slow cooker is the easiest way to cook chicken that can be pulled and served in so many ways. With just a few simple ingredients, this tangy sauce and juicy chicken will have your family and friends coming back for a second helping!
To make this easy recipe you will need just chicken, Italian dressing, brown sugar, honey,Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce and salt and pepper.
To serve, just pile the Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken onto sandwich buns, top with a mound of Ranch Coleslaw and just enjoy!
Start by mixing all of the ingredients except the chicken breasts in a small bowl. Salt and pepper the chicken and place in a Slow Cooker. Pour over the BBQ sauce mixture, lifting the chicken to allow the sauce to reach the bottom layer of chicken. Set to Low and cook 6-8 hours, or until the chicken reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker onto a large plate, and shred. I like to use tongs to hold the chicken while I shred it with a fork.
Easy to make and delicious, this will be your go-to recipe for dinner, casual entertaining and potlucks!
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Liberally sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- On a small bowl, mix together all of the other ingredients. Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts, making sure that the breasts on the bottom are coated with the mixture.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW and cook for 6-8 hours, until the chicken reaches 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken to a large plate, and turn the slow cooker to HIGH.
- Using tongs and/or forks, shred the chicken into small pieces.Set aside.
- With the slow cooker set to high, stir the sauce mixture to release steam and allow the sauce to thicken, about 5 minutes. Turn the slow cooker off.
- Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker with the thickened sauce and stir until fully mixed and all of the chicken is coated with sauce.
- Pile the shredded chicken onto sandwich buns, then top with Ranch Coleslaw. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup