Cinnamon Chocolate Popcorn is a sweet, crunchy mix of popcorn, pretzels, dried fruit and candies that you will want to eat by the handful. Make two batches because this treat will go fast!
There is nothing like the crispy crunch of popcorn to get everyone in a good mood! One of my favorite ways to make the house smell great and to have a sweet and salty snack around is to make Cinnamon Chocolate Popcorn. To make any popcorn really festive, mix in your favorite sweet and salty treats, like pretzels, Bugles and sweet candies!
Cinnamon Chocolate popcorn is a breeze to make. A few ingredients and about 15 minutes are all you need to be on your way to a heavenly snack time!
This is what you will need to get started. Just microwave popcorn, candy coating and chocolate, cinnamon sugar and your mix-ins!
All of the ingredients get blended and coated right on a single baking sheet! Like I promised, this is an easy snack to make!
Oh, my! Does it get better than this! Here is an old saying at work ” Chocolate makes everything taste better”!
Cinnamon Chocolate Popcorn is perfect for parties, gift giving or just anytime you crave an easy sweet snack!
- 1 regular size microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 CandiQuik Candy Coating, vanilla flavored
- 2 TBSP Cinnamon Sugar**
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Reeses Pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pretzel squares
- 1 cup Bugles
- Spread popped corn in a single layer on large baking sheet.
- Melt CandiQuik to make 1/4 cup of melted Vanilla candy coating. Drizzle evenly over popcorn.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the popcorn.
- Working quickly, sprinkle the popcorn with Reeces Pieces and dried cranberries. Press into the candy coating to stick to the popcorn.
- Evenly distribute the pretzels and bugles on top of the popcorn mixture.
- In the microwave for 30 seconds, melt the chocolate pieces. Stir and continue heating in 10 second increments until fully melted. Drizzle over popcorn mixture, concentrating on pretzels and bugles so they will stick to the popcorn.
- Let mixture sit for approximately 30 minutes until the Vanilla coating and chocolate are set.
- Break into bit size pieces and store in a covered container.
** Make cinnamon sugar by combining 1 TBSP cinnamon with 1/2 cup white sugar. Mix thoroughly and store in a dry place.
** For variety, Substitute any flavor candy melts or baking chips for the Vanilla!
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Serve up this delicious Cinnamon Chocolate Popcorn in a festive bowl to get any party started!
You can package this tasty delight up for gift-giving too! Who would not love to get a jar or bag of this in their stocking!