Smokey Lemon Chicken Piccata
Smokey Lemon Chicken Piccata is pan grilled chicken with a creamy smokey tomato sauce that will have your mouth watering.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 8 ounces linguine noodles cooked according to package directions
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless,cut in half lengthwise to make 6 breast pieces
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or cooking wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 medium green onions sliced, include white and green, set aside 1 TBSP for garnish
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- vegetable oil for grill grate
Preheat the grill or stove top grill pan. Lightly brush with oil.
Grill chicken breasts until cooked thru, about 4 minutes on each side, and meat thermometer reads 165°F . Remove from grill, cover with foil to keep warm.
Begin cooking pasta according to directions on the package. Set aside.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 TBSP butter. Add the garlic and green onions and cook until the onions are softened and garlic is fragrant, about 1 - 2 minutes.
Add the white wine, broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, tomato paste and smoked paprika to the skillet. Bring to a low boil and cook for about 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir the cream into the sauce mixture and cook until heated thru. Remove skillet from the heat.
Arrange pasta and grilled chicken on a plate and drizzle sauce over both chicken and pasta. Garnish with reserved green onion slices and serve warm.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.38g | Protein: 21.8g | Fat: 12.04g | Saturated Fat: 6.44g | Cholesterol: 77.02mg | Sodium: 225.38mg | Potassium: 467.86mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 1.96g | Vitamin A: 623.01IU | Vitamin C: 10.17mg | Calcium: 29.42mg | Iron: 1.09mg