- 3 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounce block swiss cheese
- 12 soft slider buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut or separate top and bottom of slider buns. Place 12 bottom buns on separate sheet pan.
- Spread the ground beef evenly out onto a 13 x 18 rimmed sheet pan, covering the entire pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on the middle rack of oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms to melted butter and saute until mushroom are tender. Set aside.
- When ground beef is cooked, remove from oven and pour fat off the pan. *Ground beef will shrink so this is normal.
- Using a pizza wheel or sharp knife, cut the cooked beef into 12 even squares. Place one square onto each bun bottom on prepared pan.
- Top each beef square with 2 slices of swiss cheese. Place the pan back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Remove pan from oven.
- Divide the cooked mushroom evenly on top of the melted cheese on sliders.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with Dijon mustard. Place a teaspoon of mayonnaise on each top bun and place on sliders.
- Return sliders to the oven for a few minutes to heat the top bun.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Amount that ground beef will shrink depends on the percentage of fat in the mix. I recommend using 80% or better to reduce shrinkage for this recipe.
Keywords: mushroom swiss burger, slider,swiss cheese, buns,appetizer,gameday, burger