Sweet and Soy Chicken is pan seared chicken that is drenched in a thick, sweet and salty glaze. It is an easy 30 minute recipe that will make everyone a fan!
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt** and pepper
- 3 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP fresh snipped parsley (optional)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of the chicken thighs.
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, place chicken thighs in a single layer in the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Once the chicken thighs are browned, add the syrup mixture to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and continue cooking, allowing the syrup mixture to reduce to a thick glaze.
- Turn the thighs about every minute or so in the mixture to become coated with the glaze.
- Continue cooking about 20 minutes until the thighs are cooked thru.
- Serve garnished with parsley if desired.
Note *Reduced sodium soy sauce may be used for this recipe. **Salt may be omitted during the cooking process.
- Serving Size: 2 chicken thighs