Chicken wings, coated with spicy tortilla chips and oven-baked to crispy perfection – these wings are a winner!
- 2–1/2 pounds chicken wing sections
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 large eggs
- 9 ounce bag spicy nacho tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 or larger baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife or bone-cutting shears, remove wing tips and discard. Cut wings at the joint, leaving the drumette and the wingette.
- Measure the flour, garlic powder and onion powder into a large food storage bag. Shake bag until combined.
- In a shallow bowl crack the eggs and whisk until frothy.
- Into another shallow bowl or plate, pour the tortilla chip crumbs.
- Working a few at a time, drop wings into bag with flour mixture and shake to coat. Tap off excess.
- Dip wings into the egg mixture, turning to coat.
- Roll wings in tortilla crumbs until completely covered.
- Arrange the chicken wing pieces into a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack of 375 degree oven for 45 – 55 minutes or until wings have reached an internal temperature of 165°F on a meat thermometer.
- Serve hot.
Keywords: spicy chicken wings, oven baked wings