An easy, 30 minute family dinner with sausage, veggies, pasta and red sauce that’s tasty eating for any weeknight.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 green pepper, stemmed seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta to desired tenderness. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add Sausage and cook until the edges start to crisp. Add garlic, green pepper and onion. Lower heat to medium and saute vegetables until tender, 4 – 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn, cooled pasta, sauce and Italian seasoning and 1 cup of cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
Keywords: smoked sausage, pasta, Italian, One Pan