Slow Cooker Herb Chicken Noodles is an easy take on the old-fashioned casserole recipe. With chunks of flavorful chicken and a velvety sauce, this meal will be an instant hit! Bonus…the pasta is cooked right in the slow cooker….no extra pots needed.
- 2 LBS boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 can Cream of Chicken Soup, undiluted
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp seasoning salt or Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsps dried minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 TBSP (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, sliced
- 3–4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz dry egg noodles, uncooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and cover with the soup. Sprinkle the spices over the soup, and top with slices of butter. Pour 3 cups of chicken broth over all of the ingredients.
- Set the slow cooker to Low for 7 – 8 hours or on High for 3 – 4 hours.
- When the chicken is cooker thru (165 degrees internal temperature on a meat thermometer), remove the chicken from the slow cooker to a plate. When cooled slightly, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Meanwhile, add the egg noodles to the slow cooker and stir to cover the noodles with cooking liquid. Add additional chicken broth if needed, 1/4 cup at a time, if there is not enough liquid in the pot to cook the pasta. If on Low setting, turn the slow cooker to high and cook the pasta for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- When pasta is cooked, add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and cook until heated thru.
- Serve hot.
Note – Herbed Cream of Chicken Soup or Cream of Mushroom Soup are delicious alternatives to the Cream of Chicken Soup.
Note – Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can be substituted for the chicken breasts
Keywords: chicken,noodles,dinner,slow cooker,pasta