Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars
These easy Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars will quickly become your new favorite sweet and salty treat! A simple No Bake recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: By Hand
- Cuisine: American
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 12 ounces mini pretzel twists, 3/4 of 16 ounce bag
- 11 ounce bag caramels, unwrapped or Homemade Caramel Chews
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of shortening in the microwave (on low heat, stirring every 15 seconds) until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the parchment, to form a rough 10 x 15 rectangle.
- Immediately add the pretzel twists over the top. (pretzels will overlap) and gently press them into the chocolate.
- Add caramels to a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water and melt according to package instructions (on high for 2 minutes). Stir well and drizzle the melted caramel over the top of all of the pretzels.
- Melt remaining 4 ounces of chocolate with remaining 1/2 teaspoon shortening and drizzle over the caramel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate until hardened, 30 – 60 minutes.
- Peel chocolate away from the parchment paper and cut into bars
- Store leftovers in covered container in refrigerator.
Note – I used butter flavored vegetable shortening as the shortening for this recipe. Any hard shortening like butter or margarine will work well.
For variation – sprinkle toffee or peanut butter bits over the chocolate before the sea salt!
Keywords: chocolate, pretzels, candy, dessert, caramel, recipe,