- 1 (15.25 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 – 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and water and set aside.
- Pour the cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vegetable oil. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in half (1/4 cup) of the crushed peppermint candies.
- Grease your hand and roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on a parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake on the center rack of a 350° oven for about 12 – 15 minutes, until browned around the bottom edges
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. While still warm to the touch, brush glaze over the top of each cookie and sprinkle with candies.
The glaze mix should be thin, like glue, but not watery. Add more powdered sugar, a tsp at a time if the glaze is too thin.
The cookies do not get brown on top, but you will see them browning around the edges.
Work quickly when glazing the cookies – the glaze hardens fast. Re-glaze if the glaze has hardened and the peppermint won’t stick.