Seasoned sour cream, black and refried beans, cheese and tomatoes are layered into a zesty dip everyone will love!
- 16 ounces (1 can) refried beans
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning or 2 TBSP Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 16 ounce jar chunky salsa
- 8 ounce white cheddar cheese block, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 16 ounces ( 1 can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- tortilla chips for serving
- Heat refried beans until warm. Spread in the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish into an even layer to the edges of the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream with taco seasoning until well combined. Spread into a smooth layer over the refried beans.
- Drop tablespoons of salsa over sour cream, using the back of a spoon to spread out salsa evenly. (If salsa has excess liquid, strain excess before using).
- Cut 3 thin slices of cheese off cheddar block. Use mini star cutter to make stars to decorate the dip. Set aside.
- Shred remainder of cheese block. Sprinkle shredded cheddar over salsa in an even layer.
- Dice tomatoes and place on top of cheese to form stripes.
- Place black beans in top corner of dish, and decorate with star-shaped cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or veggies.
Lower Carb option: Substitute black soy beans for regular black beans and omit refried beans.
Keywords: party dip, layer dip, mexican, appetizer