Pad Thai Chicken that is so flavorful you will banish the take-out menus forever! Moist chunks of savory chicken, tender red pepper rings and creamy noodles bathed in a velvety soy sauce vinaigrette will have your mouth watering from start to tangy finish. It’s even better made ahead!
- 16 ounce linguine noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 red pepper, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted chopped peanuts
- Extra chopped peanuts, sliced green onions and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large pot of salted, boiling water. Cook linguine noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, garlic, ginger and juice from the lime. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add red pepper and jalapeno and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- Heat second tablespoon of oil (if needed) in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning until all sides are golden brown and chicken is cooked thru, about 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and sauce to the skillet and toss to coat. Fold in the peppers. green onions and peanuts. Cook 2 minutes.
- Serve with extra sliced green onions, chopped peanuts and lime wedges.
For crispy chicken, coat the chicken pieces in cornstarch before frying.
Keywords: Pad Thai,noodles,soy sauce,peanuts,pasta,chicken,dinner