Overnight French Toast Recipe, soaked in a mouthwatering egg custard, is prepped the night before and baked to golden, puffy perfection!
- 1 whole loaf of Italian bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Butter, Syrup, Fresh Fruit (optional)
- Butter or spray a 9 x 13 baking pan. Cut your bread into 1 inch slices, and lay flat in the pan.You should end up with about 9 full slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Add the milk to the spices and beat by hand to blend well. Add the eggs and beat well to combine everything together.
- Pour all of the mixture over the bread in the baking pan, covering each slice completely with the egg mixture. The mixture should absorb completely overnight.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight
- In the morning, pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Let the pan sit out while you pre-heat.
- Place the pan into the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the pan cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Note: I pour syrup into a small pitcher and heat it in the microwave before serving.
Keywords: french toast,syrup,overnight,egg