Quick and simple, these oven cheese dogs are made right in the pan – with melted cheese, hot chili and a toasty bun. You will love this easy recipe!
- 1 pkg hot dogs, (8 count)
- 1 pkg hot dog buns (8 count)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP yellow or stone ground mustard
- 1 (15 ounce) can No Bean Chili or leftover chili
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 9 x 13 baking pan with foil.
- Warm chili in microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan on the stove.
- Separate and open buns. Lightly spread inside of buns with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Place a hot dog inside each bun. Pack hot dogs into prepared pan to fit.
- Spoon chili over hot dogs, about 2 tablespoons each. Sprinkle shredded cheese over hot dogs, followed by the onions.
- Cover pan with foil. Place pan on center rack of oven and bake 45 minutes.
- Serve with pickles and potato salad.
Keywords: chili cheese hotdogs