Oven BBQ Pork Chops owe their flavor and tenderness to the marinade. Easy to make, just marinade, put in an oven safe baking pan and cook.
- 4–6 medium bone in pork chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick) about 2 pounds
- 18 ounce bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, reserve 3 tablespoons for the marinade
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil (vegetable oil will do)
- 1/4 cup of House Italian Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce or a few drops liquid smoke
- Mix all the marinade ingredients right in a gallon size ziploc bag. Add the pork chops and toss inside the bag until each chop is covered with the marinade. Refrigerate in plastic bag for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce in bottom of pan. Layer marinated chops over sauce.
- Discard leftover marinade.
- Pour remaining barbecue sauce over the pork chops.
- Put the pan uncovered in the oven for 55 – 60 minutes.( Baste with juices at halfway point). Meat is done when a thermometer inserted at thickest part of chop reads 145° F.
- Remove from the oven. Let stand for 10 minutes to cool prior to serving.
Marinated pork chops may be grilled. Grill as usual, then coat with BBQ when meat thermometer registers at least 145° F.
Nutrition information is an estimate based on pork chops + half values of the barbecue sauce and marinade assuming for waste.
Keywords: pork chops,dinner,main dish,barbecue, pork