Loaded with Mexican flavors, melted cheese and crispy potatoes, this is one 30 minute dinner the whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 16 ounce pkg refrigerated diced potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix or 2 TBSP Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 15 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies, do not drain
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Add potatoes and cook covered, over medium-high heat until edges start to brown and crisp, about 12 – 15 minutes. Turn potatoes every 3 – 4 minutes. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- In same skillet, brown ground beef until no pink remains. Drain fat as needed. Stir in taco seasoning and water, use wooden spoon to scrape brown bits from bottom of the pan. Stir in tomatoes with chilies. Simmer over low heat 2 – 3 minutes until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add potatoes to beef mixture and stir to combine. Cook 2 – 3 minutes or until potatoes are heated thru. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place under broiler for 2 – 3 minutes, or until melted and golden brown.
Keywords: Mexican, ground beef, potatoes, dinner