Perfect use of that leftover ham from holiday dinners. Made with carrots and corn, it’s tasty, easy and the whole family will love it!
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 15 ounce can creamed corn
- 15 ounce can whole potatoes, drained and quartered
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (white and green)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups water
- Place all of the ingredients in bottom of slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on Low 7 – 8 hours or High for 3 – 4 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.
Leftover beef and chicken are delicious substitutions for the pork. Add a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the recipe for flavor.
*Stove top directions – heat 1 tablespoon oil until shimmering in bottom of large saucepan. Saute carrots and onion in oil, over medium-high heat, until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Add all other ingredients to saucepan and bring to a boil. Use fork to smash a few potatoes to help thicken soup. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 – 45 minutes until carrots are tender. Serve.
Keywords: leftover ham, ham soup, recipe, soup, slow cooker