Korean Barbecue Sauce Recipe is a flavor game changer. Spiced with Gochujang, this sticky and spicy barbecue sauce is versatile enough to pair with any grilled meat, and be used to season fried rice, stir fry, lettuce wraps and soups.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Gochujang paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Stir brown sugar, Tamari, rice wine vinegar, Gochujang paste, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, honey and black pepper together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the boiling Tamari mixture. Continue to stir the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Use immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: Barbecue,Korean Barbecue,Gochujang,tamari,sauce,condiment,grilling